The incumbent assists the Finance Manager, Operations to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, bank reconciliation statements and all accounting records. Support in analyzing, developing, and monitoring accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfers.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- First degree in Accounting, Finance or its recognized equivalent, 3 years post professional qualification
(CPA, ACA, ACCA or recognized equivalent)
- At least 5 years work experience in financial management, accounting, and administration, preferably with 2 years of NGO experience in a similar position in a CDC/USAID funded project
- Proficient in the use of Accounting software, preferably Tally 9 ERP
- All positions require proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointment for these positions will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specified emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed against each position/job location) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and LOCATION applied for and the applicant’s full name e.g. Admin Associate Kaduna Kelvin Mohammed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015