Job Summary: job role is responsible for processing all office payments, account payable monitoring and reconciliation, reconciliation of relevant sub-ledger(s) and control accounts to the General Ledger and the proper management and administration of Head Office Petty Cash (impress) account.
Key Competencies: Analytical, Computer Skills (MS Office & the Internet), Communication Skills, Integrity, Collaboration/Teamwork, Detail Orientation, Planning & Organization and Time Management.
▪ Timely processing of payments to suppliers, contractors and employees
▪ Efficient monthly reconciliation of vendor/supplier statements and related transactions
▪ Raising Payment Vouchers for timely processing of Head Office accounts payables
▪ Write cheques based on requisitions submitted with approval from supervisors
Reporting and Financial Statements:
▪ Efficiently manage and administer Office Impress (Petty Cash)
▪ Review and process Cash Advance requests; review all Cash Advance retirements to ensure they comply with Department & Company Policy
▪ Review invoices for compliance with purchase/service orders and Business Services/Company policies and processes
▪ Call over daily entries against originating/supporting documents
▪ Proof branch expense entries per branch returns to ensure accuracy and validity; forward to the Senior Accounting Officer for final review authorization/approval to post
▪ Reconciliation of returns of reimbursable expenses incurred on behalf of clients, travelling, and procurement of provisions.
▪ Update knowledge and keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect the company’s financial processing and reporting methodology.
▪ Perform any other duties as assigned
• Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years’ experience in am accounting/finance setting and general ledger experience
• Experience in handling a variety of month-end, close out responsibilities and working within generally accepted accounting principles.
Method of Application:
Closing Date: 30th November, 2020