2 year renewable contract
[Borno Location Reporting to Kano Station]
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Building on local platforms scope for project partners in Government. NGO and private sectors;
- Scope small and medium enterprise (SME) business opportunities with special emphasis on youth agribusiness development;
- Appraise the technical, market and financial feasibility of the agribusiness opportunities;
- Design partnership ‘agreements towards the sustainable supply of high quality seeds, inoculants and legume-specific fertilizer with special emphasis on youth entrepreneur involvement;
- Design awareness campaigns for new, existing youth entrepreneurs or project promoted partner internship programs, calls for interest and a selection procedures for promising candidates;
- Support the youth to develop new (or upgraded) commercially viable business models and associated development strategies along the legume value chains.
- Identify youth Agri-preneurship training needs and design training programs based on them;
- Train the youth in business management, financial management and marketing.
- Train youth in writing fund able business plans for private financial and public grant institutions;
- Assess and enhance the performance of the business models and develop upgrading strategies;
- Develop appropriate financial products targeting rural youth in consultation with collaborating financial institutions.
- Facilitate linkages and contracts between business mode stakeholders including Importers, distributors, operators, local promoters and farmers.
- Contribute to the development of promotional materials and marketing strategies by the private sector to support small scale youth businesses along the legume value chain.
- Diagnose Borno State institutional constraints in the development of youth targeted businesses and formulate policy options.
- Conduct group facilitation and organization
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Qualification: MBA/MSc in Agribusiness, Agricultural Development or a related field, from a well-recognized university
Experience and Skills
- 10 years’ experience in agribusiness development or relevant area.
- Experience in the provision of business services (Business Development Services)
- Experience with public-private partnerships.
- Experience with agri-business development, technical, market and financial analysis
- Familiarity with the agricultural development and technology delivery issues in Nigeria.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with different nationalities, as a member of a diverse work team.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Closing Date: 16/04/2015