Airtel Africa is a leading provider of telecommunications and mobile money services, with a presence in 14 countries in Africa, primarily in East Africa and Central and West Africa. Airtel Africa offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice and data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OTT Video Content Specialist
Purpose of the Job
- This role will be responsible for managing our OTT video services business line-leading initiatives to guarantee licensing/purchasing of in-demand content, enhancing/developing new services in our OTT video portfolio and growing user adoption and engagement for our OTT video services.
- This role, reporting to the General Manager of Digital Innovation & Content, and will collaborate with cross-functional internal teams, work directly with Content Aggregators/Movie Studios/Movie industry stakeholders to drive the execution of Airtel’s OTT video strategy to ensure market leadership in the OTT video space.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in purchasing/planning OTT video content
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience liaising with local and international video content rights owners in content buying and licensing for OTT platforms
- Deep understanding of content windowing for international and local video content
- Experience managing content curation teams for high performing OTT video services
- Digital Media, Content Services, Digital Distribution or other related experience strongly desired
- Direct work experience at a OTT content provider/aggregator, such as a major video or broadcast, and/or for a platform who sells OTT video services in this market
- Industry experience and relationships in the Movie, Telco or Media verticals
- Mid-Senior management experience in Content Management and/or Content Marketing
- Working knowledge of Video On Demand (VOD) technologies, ecosystem and business models
- Strategic thinker, analytical orientation with hands-on “get it done” attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strengths in communications, risk management, conflict resolution skills working in a team environment and mentoring team members
- Awareness of the core systems used to perform VOD services (i.e. DAM, Transcoders, Order Systems)
- Willing to travel approximately 15%.
Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online