Our client, a leading regulator in the insurance industry is looking to fill the role of Assistant Director, Finance.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
• Provide strategic oversight to the Finance Directorate to drive the Institute towards
• sustainable growth
• Collaborate with other Directorate to develop income generating initiatives and en-
• sure proper implementation of the Institute’s financial plans
• Oversee the preparation of the Institute’s budgets, forecasts and monitor
• implementation and performance measurement
• Direct the management of the Institute’s resources within budget guidelines
• according to current obligations, laws and regulations, and ensuring compliance with
• Federal, state and local regulations and reporting requirements
• Maintain, update and implement financial policies, manuals and procedures for the
• Finance Directorate
• Ensure all the Institute’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and
• Coordinate the preparation of periodic management accounts and financial reports,
• facilitate statutory audits of the accounts and financial reports and supervise the
• preparation and rendition of all periodic returns
• Create an enabling environment that empowers staff in the Directorate to develop
• capabilities required to achieve set goals and respond to opportunities and
• challenges in the business environment
• Abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities and
• encourage all staff in the Directorate to conduct their activities in accordance with all
• applicable laws and the Institute’s standards and policies
• Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline such as Finance, Accounting,
• Economics, Banking etc.
• MBA or relevant Master’s degree in any business-related discipline.
• Relevant professional membership and/or certifications such as ICAN, ACCA, CFA.
• CIIN professional membership will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 12 years post-graduation experience with at least 5 years’ experience in
• the Financial services sector and in top/senior management positions.
• Evidence of strong industry / sector participation.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates can forward their CVs (using the subject “Assistant Director, Finance) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23rd April, 2021