World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: AVADAR Data Assistant
Ref Id: 1903632
Locations: Kano, Jigawa & Bauchi
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 6 months
Primary Location: Nigeria-Enugu
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- The main objective of the post is to assist the implementation of AVADAR in the state through data collation, cleaning and transmission. Supportive supervision and providing on site trainings to HWs and CIs.
Description of Duties
The incumbent under the guidance of the project assistant, is expected to support the states WHO office and state NPHCDA in the implementation of AVADAR project with the following specific tasks:
Under the overall guidance of the IVE Focal person and over all supervision of Zonal Coordinator and guidance of the state coordinator the AVADAR project assistant will carry out the following specific task:
- Working with the project coordinator to ensure that the data flow and reporting of all health facilities on the project from the field level to the state and eventually to national level.
- Support with data analysis feedback for both weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
- Perform other responsibilities that may be required of him
- Support the field staff on the data management component of the project
- Support technically in terms of the data and ensure that SOPs are followed in LGA implementation sites
- Support with configuration of phones and resolving issues to end users
- Support the quarterly review meeting of the project
- Provide monthly feedback analysis on the project including tracking information of the project indicators
- Essential: At least Diploma in Computer Science, statistics, data management or related field.
- Desirable: Knowledge of data management and PEI data tools will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in health related data management
- Experience in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in database development.
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (HealthMapper, QGIS etc)
- Relevant work experience in WHO/UN
- Resident in the state of assignment
- Ability to travel within the state. Knowledge or previous work in these state would be an advantage
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Knowledge of the local language.
- Basic knowledge of ICT, programming, mobile and web – based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
Closing Date: 11:59:00 PM; 5th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.