A fast growing indigenous company servicing the Upstream Sector of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry, with offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt is expanding her operations due to business growth. The company requires highly experienced and qualified professionals to fill the following positions in their Lagos and Port Harcourt offices:
Business Development Executive- Strategic Procurement Job in Oil Servicing Coy.
Functional Area: Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
- Business development and procurement of strategic items and tools in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
- Collate business intelligence on strategic items and materials in the upstream sector of the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
- Prospect for and acquire new and financially viable high volume customers.
- Meeting set sales target.
- Generate Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Order (PO) for strategic items
- Receive and process Requests for Quotation (RFQ) for strategic items and tools
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers.
- Ensure appropriate validation of purchase orders.
- Follow up on all submitted RFQs,
- Ensure effective documentation of documents relating to each transaction.
- Maintain comprehensive filing system.
- Provide follow-up to customers on outstanding receivables.
- Assist to ensure effective management of logistics on all orders.
- Ensure reports on your accounts are produced and disseminated as and when due
- Define strategy for relating with each customer group and create a Customer Relationship Plan per group.
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure sales targets are fully achieved
- Assist with the preparation of tenders.
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services.
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and ensure proper documentation
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress.
- Demonstrate consistent business development success and target – driven achievement
- A good university degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience generating business and supply chain management in the upstream subsector of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry.
- Good working knowledge of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry (Upstream sector
- Proven business contacts in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry
- Proven track record of winning businesses for strategic items and tools,
- Proven supply chain management experience.
- Proven account management experience in the upstream sector.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Good written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Proven experience of working with minimum supervision
Method of Application
Only candidates that meet the requirements for the advertised position should apply. Please forward a cover letter highlighting why you should be considered for the job and a recent copy of your CV electronically to: email@example.com. Make the reference number of the role you are applying for the subject of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015