Mantrac Nigeria Limited – CAT is the sole distributor for Caterpillar products in Nigeria, distributing and supporting machinery, power systems and material-handling equipment. The company provides customers with comprehensive solutions, backed by technical know-how, experience and in-depth knowledge of their local markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Branch Accountant
Job Location: Kano
- This role is responsible to the Accounting Manager – Management Accounts, for the effective and efficient management of Kano accounts such as: Cash management, debt collection, expenses control, book keeping, banking operations and audit activities.
- Ensure prudent financial cash management of the branch.
- Ensure the attainment of effective debt collection and interpretation of credit control policies laid down by the company.
- Ensure effective accurate stock control and bookkeeping.
- Ensure effective banking operations and rendition of reconciliation statements to the headquarters.
- Carry out administrative functions as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure clean audit report of the branch.
- Ensure security and maintenance of the company’s assets.
- Advise the Regional Manager – North on matters affecting the smooth operations of the branch.
- Maintain register for customers and staff cheque payments.
- Ensure prompt posting of receipts and other accounting vouchers.
- Reconciliation of debtors account through mark off.
- Ensure that approval to release equipment is obtained from Credit Manager and or Finance Director before equipments are released to customers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in the Business Management discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related role.
- Proficiency in Ms. Office packages.
Closing Date: 20th December, 2019