Incumbent will be responsible for drawing plans and overseeing the implementation of the care and support service delivery in line with the NG&SOP, NAP and M&E national plans on care and support. Will also liaise with other CSU thematic leaders on the relevant care and support activities implemented at the CBOs and health facilities, providing support, build and strengthen community based structures and systems through which services are delivered. Assist the Associate Director, Clinical Services to coordinate and oversee the implementation of prevention activities at the CBOs and health facilities including providing support to VC activities. Ensure that care and support services including home based HCT for PLWHA and child headed houses are carried in line with the CBOs scope of work. In collaboration with the clinical teams and CL/NA, ensure that targets for all preventive packages are met by supporting CBOs to create preventive awareness programs. Provide support to CBOs to interface with other State based development partners to improve the package of preventive and other care and support services. Provide support to CBOs to conduct community mobilisation activities that will increase response towards uptake of care and support services. Enforce established procedures of
implementing care and support services at the CBOs and health facilities. Participate in the gathering, analysing, aggregation and presentation of care and support data.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related fields
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience working in health care system in Nigeria
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a program management role
- Extensive experience with care, support and community based/home based care
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- At least 3 years management experience with an international NGO or agency or equivalent experience
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- All positions require proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointment for these positions will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specified emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed against each position/job location) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and LOCATION applied for and the applicant’s full name e.g. Admin Associate Kaduna Kelvin Mohammed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015