A MULTINATIONAL company in the MARITIME sector of the economy is searching for vibrant, energetic, focused individuals to join its winning team in the following positions:
- To have a full oversight of security within and around the organization’s premises which include physical, digital and regulatory.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of personnel assigned to maintain security and safety of people and property.
- Incidence response planning
- Incident reporting – correct and accurate reporting of incidents of all kinds: physical, digital and regulation
- Conducting briefings at the start of shifts, giving security officers update on security matters.
- Scheduling security officers to cover designated facilities and shifts
- Conducting spot/mystery checks on various locations to ensure security officers perform their duties and also look out for potential safety/fire hazards and unusual or suspicious
- Conducting periodic risk assessments on safety and making recommendations for
reviews/improvements of existing procedure
- Dealing appropriately with records and incidence reported by security officers and staff in
general and escalating where appropriate.
- Ensuring full compliance with security codes such as the ISO and IS PC code
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and/or ability required
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to co-ordinate and delegate
- Ability to work effectively and constructively within a team
- Ability to assess a situation quickly, using appropriate action to diffuse a situation and provide effective solutions, particularly with people demonstrating disruptive behaviour
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of security and fire inspection procedures and practices.
- Skills in observing situations and decision making.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and commutation skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including people of different cultures.
- Ability to maintain a sense of calmness and control in difficult situations, minimizing panic in other
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top managements, public group and/or board of directors.
- A degree in a Social Science discipline. A higher degree is an added advantage.
- Certificate training on security and safety especially in the maritime industry is key.
- Experience in a managements/supervisory role.
- Must have extensive knowledge of security situations in the industry and country as a whole.
- Must have strong integrity and ethical value
- Must have strong negotiation skill
- Must be proactive
- Must be good at organizing and setting priorities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment. Must be self motivated and committed
- Must be reliable and trustworthy. Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
Method of Application
Send application and CV to: email@example.com
- Remuneration attached to this position is competitive and in conformity with industry standards.
Closing Date: 20/02/2015