Objective of Position
To co-ordinate and Ensue quality language services to the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director of Parliamentary Affairs and Research, the Co-ordinator/Interpreter is the Head of the Language Division. He/She will perform the following functions:
- Co-ordinates and supervises the activities of the Language Division;
- Co-ordinates the hiring and scheduling of Interpreters and Translators during sessions of Parliament, committee meetings and other meetings of the General Secretariat;
- Participates in and supervises Interpretation Services and ensures timely and quality services delivery;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned; .
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the Community Languages – English, French and Portuguese.
- A Diploma or Certificate in Interpretation, with at least eight (8} years post, qualification experience in Interpretation, preferably in an international organization, including two (2) years’ supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, including applications such as Word, Excel, Internet research and email communication, as well as relevant language software, is required.
- The post of Co-ordinator/lnterpreter is on P5 of the ECOWAS salary scale:
- UA33, 607 UA37, 996 per annum.
- Vacancies are restricted to citizens of ECOWAS Member States only.
- Candidates must not exceed the age of fifty (50) years by the date of appointment.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of relevant credentials to:
The Honourable Speaker
International Conference Centre
PMB, 576, Garki
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Closing Date: 20/03/2015