Reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for maintaining cordial relationships between stakeholders and the company; compliance with the requirements of the Companies and Allied Matters Act CAP 20, LFN 2004, procedures of the Corporate Affairs Commission, listing requirements of The Nigerian Stock Exchange and other applicable laws and regulations in respect of statutory books, filings, capital, preparation of notices, agenda, minutes and resolutions of the meetings of the Board of directors, committees of the board and general meetings of shareholders. The candidate will
- Ensure that appointment, retirement and any changes to the board of directors and its committees comply with relevant laws and the company’s statutes.
- Monitor changes in the regulatory, legal and business environment.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance rules and ethics, related parties and other disclosures by the members of the board.
- Could be a lawyer, Chartered Accountant, or Certified Company Secretary with at least 10 years’ experience of which at least five years must be as a Company Secretary in public or private companies.
- Must have excellent oral, drafting and written communication skills; be organised and pays attention to details.
- Have knowledge of listing rules, company law, compliance strategies, maintaining statutory-books, filing returns, corporate governance, administration and data protection.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their CVs/resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject should be the title of the position being applied for, No other form of application is acceptable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 14/04/2015