Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted mar et initiatives, is seeking a high-performing, results-oriented professional to serve as Contracts Coordinator Section Manager.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes or 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in Northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi, which runs through December 2017, is managed by GRM International, in partnership with Technoserve, for the UK Department for International Development.
The Contracts Coordinator will be responsible for Propcom Mai-karfi’s contract management process including the creation and/or utilisation of relevant contracts for programme consultants contractors and vendors; the negotiation of contract rates as well as the management of contracts in collaboration with relevant supervising officers.
Responsibilities will include:
Managing contracts between Propcom Mai-karfi and all service providers
- Fair and proper negotiations for all programme contracts
- The existence and implementation of clear programme contracting guidelines
- The existence and utilisation of effective contracts and grants tracking and management systems
- All contracts meet relevant legal requirements
- All invoices are vetted as submitted by vendors and consultants and availability of the required supporting documents
- The effectiveness of the working relations between the programme and the Contracts and Compliance section in GRM HQ
- That all contractual instruments are in line with the latest GRM guidelines
- Advising the programme on legal implication of contracts or projects Managing the procurement tender process for the programme Overseeing the implementation of Grants
Required Skills & Experience
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Excellent skills in identifying relevant contractors and consultants and negotiating appropriate contract and consultancy fee rates
- Ability to develop relevant consultancy or contractual instruments and set milestones for monitoring of delivery
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong skills in business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
- Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
- Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
- A competitive salary with benefits
Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success in contract management process -: (developing, negotiating and managing) and a passion for development in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Please send your CV (maximum of three pages), full details of two referees, salary history and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of the post can be found on our website: www.propcommaikarfi.org.
Closing Date: 11/02/2015