(Job Number 2021200)
As a Controls Services Engineer within the Services Engineering team your role will be to support our clients in their off shore operations, in addition to carrying out essential workshop engineering that includes repairs, maintenance and upgrades, within a predominantly mechanical and hydraulics. In addition you will ensure that any design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
This role is based in Nigeria and is not a rotational role
- Provide technical support and guidance to Global Service Team
- Generate work scope and task lists for the unit engineers
- Verify design and generate documentation to meet agreed deliveries.
- Reporting of engineering progress as part of the Daily LOB
- Organizing equipment design reviews
- Identification of technical, schedule and commercial risks
- Support of technical and project execution audits imposed by clients
- Engineering support during after Sales Manufacturing
- Attend close-out meetings/lessons learned
- Integration of Software with Deliverable Hardware Testing & Fault finding to ensure quality of delivered software
- Support all electrical aspects of the equipment portfolio
- The post holder shall have a controls engineering background
- The post holder will have proven Product expertise within the Controls product portfolio Offshore, and or Field Service experience would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Must be able to communicate effectively – verbal and written English
- Must be computer literate
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules and be ‘commercially aware’ in engineering solutions
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Method of Application
To access the full job description and apply, please visit GE’S career website at www.ge.com/careers
Closing Date: 16/02/2015