1. Identifying, assessing and completing all necessary actions to meet the project or group level funding requirements of the Company;
2. Work with various senior levels of management to develop, interpret and implement financial and accounting concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results.
3. Responsible for data collection, business analysis, developing tactical and strategic insight, and delivering recommendations to management.
Other areas of responsibilities are:
i. Identify, assess and complete all necessary actions to meet the project or group level funding requirements of the Company
ii. Support and advise the Group on financing matters on an ongoing basis
iii. Participate in evaluating the strategic growth requirements of the Group
iv. Prepare comprehensive financial models for the Group or individual Projects, ensuring that the models are optimized and sensitized to achieve the Group’s targets, subject to financial constraints.
v. Deliver cash flow forecasts, scenario analysis, risk assessment and return analysis. Models should contain detailed calculations including (but not restricted to) the following: revenue (based on a payment mechanism); funding calculations (draw down of debt, interest accrued, debt amortization etc.); tax computation; working capital; accounting treatment of capital expenditure; debt coverage ratios; investor returns and support the Accounts function in ensuring that Company’s financial statements accurately reflect financing needs and decisions;
vi. Perform highest and best use analyses on proposed development projects
vii. Prepare pitch decks, investment memoranda and investment proposals for the Group’s development pipeline and development management prospects
viii. Liaise with banks, financial institutions, private equity firms, pension funds, rating agencies and other stakeholders in the financial community to ensure timely availability of financing for the Group at the most competitive terms
ix. Work with the project development teams to ensure timely compliance with all financial conditions precedents and subsequent required to meet the Groups obligations
x. Co-ordinate the drawdown/repayment formalities for debt facilities and monitor compliance with financing conditions and obligations
xi. Report on fund raising activities at the Group’s Management Team Meetings, Board Meetings and any such other time/ day as may be required.
xii. Provide support to the Management in decision making associated with debt and equity and funding, identify any project or risk management problems and provide suitable solutions to mitigate the risk exposures;
xiii. Provide research and recommendations on innovative, cost effective and efficient funding methods for the Group.
xiv Manage the Group’s portfolio of assets in a professional and cost-effective manner, and advising the Management Team on potential devaluation risks, foreign currency risks or statutory risks which may affect the value of the assets.
xv. Provide support by way of numerical impact analysis for proposed ventures, joint ventures and partnerships
1. Advanced degree in accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or related field.
2. An MBA will be an added advantage.
3. Candidates must have 5 – 7 years of experience with background from a Big 4 Financial services company and Corporate finance experience.
The individual would need to demonstrate:
• Leadership skills
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
• Presentation skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Organisational skills,
• Strategic planning skills
• Research skills
• Risk management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Analytical skills, Critical thinking skills
• Problem solving skills
• Multi-tasking abilities
• Integrity, honesty
Please note that this is not an accounting role.
Method of Application
Only qualified candidates are advised to apply by sending their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the
Closing Date: 15th December, 2019.