GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Security Manager
Req ID: 235907
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Categories: Real Estate and Facilities
- Protection of staff, company property and assets by organising effective and efficient physical security.
- Provides leadership for the security function team and nurturing the growth of subordinates.
- Maintain close liaison and work closely with, the security service provider to provide effective and cost-efficient security services.
- Develop effective communication with and develop a working relationship with external organizations such as the Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement Departments and the Police.
- Responsible for conducting risk analysis for the sites, particularly with respect to level of crime, terrorism, workplace violence, threats from natural and manmade disasters, writing review reports, reviewing findings, and making cost effective recommendations to the management.
- Maintains knowledge of current security issues and security technology and update management on risk and threat that could impact company business.
- Responds to security related problems, including the making of independent judgments and decisions on diverse matters ranging from violations of security procedures to serious emergencies involving law enforcement agencies, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Assist the GSK Nigerian Senior Leadership Team in the conduct of Country Crisis Management, including periodic training, plan reviews.
- Revamp major areas of the security function in line with the Regional Head of Security.
- Lead or support in investigations.
- Pro-actively participate in Regional Internal GSK Security Network meetings.
- Manage intelligence process activities and ensure periodic security reporting
- Proactively manage safety and security of GSK expatriate visitors and staff across Nigeria.
- Provide regular security and safety briefs/tips/alert to Management and staff
Qualifications and Requirements
- First Degree in Environmental Sciences; Occupational Health and Safety; Safety Engineering or other related sciences.
- Prior senior management experience as a Security Head in an Multinational FMCG/Pharmaceutical type organization.
- Strong networks within the security bodies in Nigeria.
- Hold relevant professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH International Diploma, Security and Protective services.
- Sound knowledge of local EHS regulatory requirements will be an added advantage
- Experience with working closely with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS office tools for performance reporting and analysis.
- Sound Knowledge of accident investigation and root cause analysis.
Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online