The responsibilities of the data manager include:
- Support the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) to develop and maintain data bases
- Conduct timely analysis and reporting of data; improve data quality monitoring
- Improve data use and feedback of data to key stakeholders and reporting sources
- Ensure that data generated is properly managed and analyzed to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Design data collection instruments and databases as needed
- Train state and LGA consultants on data collection and electronic data entry
- Train national program officers
- Provide support to state and LGA consultants to assure data of sufficiently good quality
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state and LGA consultants
- Provide regular updates to polio communication team on key performance indicators
- Provide data for partner reports, donor reports and presentations
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements or Other Expertise Required
- Required: Masters degree (or equivalent) in data management, epidemiology, public health or related field
Prior Work Experience
- Possess at least 1 year experience in data management, and or working with public health surveillance /monitoring and evaluation system
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2)
- Experience in Routine Immunization (RI) at the LGA or state level.
- Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net and other related languages.
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, OGIS, Health Mapper)
- Must also have previous experience working with DHIS.
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, SAS
- Language Proficiency: level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required.
- Job Knowledge: A good understanding of public health, data compilation and management and data analysis. In addition, experience or knowledge of immunization and public health surveillance systems is an advantage.
- Skills and Abilities: Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SOL, or STATA). Experience with web-based applications is desired.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application letter by email not later than two week from the date of this publication: Email: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21/04/2015