Position Summary/Purpose of Position
- The data manager will ensure efficient collection and management of data from multiple performance sites in Nigeria and will work closely with the data team to continuously develop, document, maintain and review data quality goals, standards, and requirements. They will establish and maintain an ongoing process for reviewing suspect data, determining causes, and rectifying any issues. The manager will also train data entry clerks in data quality improvement practices and supervise and assist with daily entry at the IFAIN office.
- The candidate must have the ability to perform data queries and analysis to produce regular reports to IFAIN administration. The candidate must be flexible and interpersonal to professionally and efficiently interact with multi-disciplinary teams from both Nigeria and abroad.
- Position will be posted in Abuja – candidate must be willing and able to travel, work and stay at other research sites in Nigeria including Kano, Ibadan, Ilorin and other future sites which may be in rural areas. Candidate may also be asked to occasionally travel internationally,
- Position will report directly to the IFAIN director. The job requires a minimum of eight hours a day five days a week but appointees must be willing and flexible with work hours to accommodate project/program timelines.
- Secondary degree required; advanced degree in information systems management, or equivalent, preferred. Experience working in biomedical research a plus.
- A competitive salary package will be offered based on experience in the field and degree.
Method of Applications
When applying for any of the listed positions above, please submit cover letter with research interests, curriculum vitae, name and e-mail address of three professional references.
- Applications can be e-mailed to Ifainjobs@yahoo.com. Only e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- For best consideration, applications should be received by April 30, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is identified for all the positions.