Qualifications and Experience
- The applicants for this position must possess bachelors degree in Nursing (B.NSc).
- Candidates must have had not less than 15 years post-graduation experience, including relevant administrative/cognate experience not below the rank of Assistant Director preferably in a Federal Tertiary hospital.
- Candidates for either position should be computer literate and a degree, diploma or certificate in Hospital Administration/Management would be of added advantage.
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities
- The DDNS shall be charged with the responsibilities of day-to-day running of Nursing
Services Department and advise Management on issues that could promote the delivery
of quality health care through effective deployment of staff, discipline and enhanced
inter professional co operation.
Successful candidate shall be responsible to the Chief Medical Director through the
CMAC and may also be expected to perform other duties consistent with the level of
responsibilities attached to the position as may be assigned to him/her from time to
Conditions of Service and Remunerations
- The conditions of service and remunerations are as obtainable in other Federal tertiary
hospitals/Public Service in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Application forms can be downloaded from the Hospital’s website www.ubth.org or
obtained from the Office of the Assistant Director (Human Resources), free of charge.
Submission of Completed Forms
- Fifteen copies each of completed application forms and curriculum vitae (showing details
of experience and . academic qualifications), photocopies of credentials and other
relevant documents should be forwards to the Office of The Chief Medical Director not
later than six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Other Relevant Documents
- Candidates for both positions are also expected to submit the following documents (a page each of typed A4 papers) on: (i) How they wish to key into the corporate vision of the Hospital. (ii) Ways of fostering inter professional harmony in the Hospital. (iii) Measures they will introduce to improve patients’ care.
- Candidates for the two positions are to request three referees each (one of whom must
be a senior professional colleague and another, a former lecturer/mentor who should
attest to candidates’ conduct and character) to forward references on them directly to
the Chief Medical Director before the interview date.
- Interview date shall be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
Professor M.D. Ibadin
Chief Medical Director.
Closing Date: 14/04/2015