Objective of Position
- Coordinates administrative support to the Parliament, particularly in the areas of human resource, general administration, finance, communication, facility management and transport.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Administration and Finance is the head of the Administration and Finance Directorate. Reporting to the Secretary-General, he/she performs the following functions:
- Plans, co-ordinates and supervises the activities of the Human Resource and Administration Division, Finance Division, Communication Division and Facility Management and Transport Division of the Parliament.
- Advises on and participates in policy formulation and review elating to Administration and Finance; oversees its effective implementation.
- Interprets the broad policy guidelines of the Parliament and its organs such as the Plenary, the Bureau, the Conference of Bureaux and the Secretariat as they relate to the domain of Administration and Finance.
- Negotiate strategic partnership and collaborations related to Administration and Finance to advance the work of the Parliament
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Secretary-General
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Master Degree in Management, Public Administration, Business Management, Economics or the Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Equivalent qualifications from recognized professional bodies will be accepted.
- A minimum of ten (10) years international experience, including six (6) years of Parliamentary work experience at a managerial level is required. In addition, the candidate must be proficient in at least two of the three Community language – English, French and Portuguese.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is also required
- The post of Director of Administration and Finance is on D1 of the ECOWAS salary scale: UA38,814-UA48,222 per annum.
- Vacancies are restricted to citizens of ECOWAS Member States only.
- Candidates must not exceed the age of fifty (50) years by the date of appointment.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of relevant credentials to:
The Honourable Speaker
International Conference Centre
PMB, 576, Garki
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Closing Date: 20/03/2015