Objective of Position
- To co-ordinate technical support to the Parliament, particularly in the areas of parliamentary business, parliamentary reports, research, documentation and language services.Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Parliamentary Affairs and .Research is the Head of the Parliamentary Affairs and Research Directorate. Reporting to the Secretary-General; he/she performs the following functions:
- Plans and co-ordinates the activities of the Parliamentary Affairs and Research Directorate;
- Organizes and ensures a smooth parliamentary procedure;
- Drafts the reports of the sessions of Parliament;
- Co-ordinates and supervises the activities of units in charge of research and documentation;
- Co-ordinates the drafting of the agenda and work programme of the sessions of Parliament and those of the organs of Parliament;
- Prepares the preliminary draft of the annual activity report of the Parliament in collaboration with the other Directorates/Divisions of the General Secretariat
- Maintains relations between the Community Parliament and the National Parliaments as well as with inter-parliamentary Institutions;
- Assists the Secretary-General in planning and implementing the activities of the organs of Parliament
- Carries out all other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Law; Public Administration, or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- A minimum of ten (10) years professional experience, including six (6) years experience in the management of Parliamentary procedure is required.
- In addition, the candidate must be proficient in at least two of the three Community languages –English, French and Portuguese.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is also required.
- The post of Director of Parliamentary Affairs and Research is on D1 of the ECOWAS salary scale: UA38,814 – UA48,222 per annum
- Vacancies are restricted to citizens of ECOWAS Member States only.
- Candidates must not exceed the age of fifty (50) years by the date of appointment.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of relevant credentials to:
The Honourable Speaker
International Conference Centre
PMB, 576, Garki
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Closing Date: 20/03/2015