Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration. Our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme.
These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
Director of Programmes Operations in Save the Children
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Program Operations shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office. The Director of Program Operations in his/her capacity is responsible for the effective delivery of all programming in country, including the management of all State and sub offices, emergency preparedness and response (including DRR), and logistics for the Country Office in Nigeria.
- S/he should have a minimum of 6 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs;
- Robust experience of NGO development and emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure;
- A proven record of leading a response to humanitarian crisis within an ongoing development programme;
- Substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory;
- Proven experience of working with key international donors and raising funds including USAID/ DfiD, ECHO/EU; Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements on or before 9 February 2015 explaining why you are suitable to: Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org.State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Would You Like To Make An Impact On Children’s Lives? Join Us!!!
Closing Date: 09/02/2015