COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economic Reintegration Officer (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC))
- The Economic Reintegration Officer will be responsible for the overall design, implementation, monitoring of the Economic Reintegration component of the BRICCS project. This role is very central to the implementation f the project.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop implementation and Monitoring plans for Economic Reintegration component of the project
- Develop eligibility criteria for the selection of participants of the reintegration component of the project
- Support the Development of the youth entrepreneurship and vocational training selection criteria in coordination with YESSO and community Resilience Group (CROG)
- Liaise with existing Yobe State vocational institutions and to local partners on the development of training-of-trainers module for entrepreneurship and skills training
- Identify institutions and facilitate all aspects of vocational training education for youths
- Design appropriate standard operating procedure for the provision of business start-up grans for beneficiaries
- Support the facilitation of small business management training for beneficiaries that will receive start-up grants
- Develop and maintain good lines of communication and relationships with local authorities and the local community.
- Support the M&E officer to develop appropriate data collection and analysis tools for the Economic Integration component of the project
- Supervise and be responsible for, ensure that all technical aspects of project implementation are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Regularly update project implementation plans to the BRICCS program manager with associated time lines.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Ensure a high degree of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area. Based upon this knowledge take adequate measures to ensure the safety of any and all org staff and equipment in the project location.
- Follow all org protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the direct supervisor.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Economics or Development studies.
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in livelihoods/social protection programs.
- Previous experience in supporting data collection and analysis
- Previous experience in economical reintegration and youth empowerment programs
- Professional, motivated, organized, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
Closing Date: 20th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online