Objective of Position
- Co-ordinate and ensure recording of the proceeding of the Parliament and production of the Hansard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director of Parliamentary Affairs and Research, the Editor of Debates shall perform the following duties:
- Supervises and co-ordinates the work of the Hansard Division to ensure the timely production of accurate verbatim reports of the proceedings of Parliament and its committees.
- Oversees the compilation, collation, editing, indexing and printing of the official reports of proceedings of Parliament and its committees.
- Initiates and implements policies to ensure quality control in the production of reports of Parliament.
- Applies international formats and standards in Hansard production to ensure the highest quality of reports.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, the Social Sciences or Mass Communication from a recognized University, with a minimum of (8) years relevant professional experience, including two (2) years at a supervisory level. Excellent command of one of the community languages-English, French or Portuguese and proficiency in a second is required. Thorough knowledge of Parliamentary practice and procedure, as well as the formats of Parliamentary documents is required. Experience in reporting, editing, proofreading, typesetting and Word processing are required. Proficiency in the use of a computer, including applications such as Word, Publisher, Excel and internet research and email communication is required.
- The post of Principal Research Officer is on P5 of the ECOWAS salary scale: UA33,607-UA37,996 per annum.
- Vacancies are restricted to citizens of ECOWAS Member States only.
- Candidates must not exceed the age of fifty (50) years by the date of appointment.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of relevant credentials to:
The Honourable Speaker
International Conference Centre
PMB, 576, Garki
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Closing Date: 20/03/2015