Greengates Group Limited is a multinational and majorly family held equity company established over 22 years ago to provide world class products and services in all the countries it operates.
From a vantage position, presence and partnerships with time tested and successful institutions in major industrialized and commercial capital in Europe, North America and Asia, we have acquired a world class solution to meeting our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Experienced Administrative/Accounting Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for an experienced candidate with Administrative / Accounting knowledge to provide support and stability in our administrative and accounting department at one of the Groups Subsidiaries in a manufacturing environment.
- The preferred candidate will be responsible for Administering and evaluating day-to-day activities, monitoring general accounting practices, office management, monitoring internal accounting controls, while providing support to the other functional areas of the organization.
- The successful candidate would provide both operational and strategic support to the company.
Job Competencies, Capabilities and Requirements
To succeed in this role, the following will be expected:
- Support the successful coordination of all company daily operations.
- Supporting the existing accounting team in managing and overseeing the daily operations of the department.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is no redundant process backup in place for every critical operation.
- Support the Factory Manager and all other functional teams to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Assist in making requests, prepares and requisitions for the necessary stationeries or equipment required by the department.
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Supporting the establishment and enforcement of proper accounting methods, policies and principle.
- Departmental Reports- Assist to generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-.
- Ensure that daily office supplies such as (are purchased before being out of stock Responding to queries, enquiries as it concern the administrations responsibilities.
- Assisting with flight bookings, accommodation and travel arrangements
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative system.
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and the factory manager.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s goal and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Work with the financial controller on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts and partnership.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the team in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost-effectiveness of prospective new venture.
- Ensure substantial documentation is approved and available such that all purchases/expenses are duly reviewed.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Monitor banking activities of the Company.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and timely calculations of incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including carrying test for impairment.
Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Minimum HND/BSc qualification in Administration/Accounting.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Accounting Supervisory role, in a related industry.
- Proven working experience as an Accountant, Administrative officer etc.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software ERP software and use of databases.
- Proven knowledge of book-keeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Understanding of Group/FMCG/Financial Institutions accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Current trends and developments in Nigeria Tax System, Pension Scheme and CBN Regulations on Financial Institutions among others.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Should be Mowe- Ibafo residence.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Closing Date: 26th October, 2020