The Alex and Grace Izinyon Foundation was established to advance Dr Alex and Mrs Grace Izinyon’s benevolence. This is fueled by their firm belief that every life is valuable and with minimal resources every human being can thrive and achieve purpose when stirred in the right direction.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Project Officer
Job Type: Part-time
- Lead, manage, motivate and mentor the Program Coordination Team;
- Oversee implementation of the annual objectives for the organization and as per the organogram relevant to their contracts and job descriptions.
- Conduct monthly supervision meetings with the project team.
- Maintain a register to identify and evaluate the key risks faced by AGIF programs and implement measures to control risks and communicate them to the President.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, and other organizations to help achieve the vision of the organization.
- Experienced in creating, maintaining relevant project management documents required for planning, execution as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Write project reports during and after project execution and submit to the program manager for review.
- Manage project schedule and understand the importance of deadlines for producing project deliverables.
- Overseeing the drawing up of program budgets and ensuring these are followed in line with program spending in close consultation with the Finance Manager and President.
- Work with the program coordinators to prepare program budgets and work plans to be reviewed by the President.
- Ensure payment requisitions are in line with the budget and sign vouchers for program expenditure.
- Assist the program manager in creating monitoring and evaluation plan for all projects
- Develop a system and implement effective monitoring evaluation and reporting and use data collected to continuously improve services and ensure maximum impact for beneficiaries in programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related field, with a thorough understanding of all areas of project management cycles in development and humanitarian settings.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion efficiently
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience planning, Implementing and overseeing NGO projects
- Budget management experience.
- Experience in project management knowledge areas
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an advantage
- Track record of successful work experience and results in project management in NGOs setting
- Proven experience in project management
- Ability to identify problems, risks that could affect the progression of a project
- Critical and logical thinking
- Time management
- Ability to apply relevant skills and techniques to project management processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure
Closing Date: 16th May, 2020
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using “Job Title” as the subject of the email.