Jennda Forte Academy provides a joyful learning environment that nurtures children to reach their educational and personal potentials.
Jennda Forte Academy School recognizes that each child is an individual; that all children are creative; that all children need to succeed. Therefore, we respect the individual needs of children; foster a caring and creative environment; and emphasize the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each child.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Experienced Teacher
Job Location: Lagos
- Manage and effectively prepare terminal class pupils
- Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation
- Working with directors and senior colleagues to deploy staff effectively and recruit new staff
- Meeting with other education professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school in the local community and nationwide
- Motivating, training and disciplining staff
- Ensuring the motivation of the pupils
- Ensuring an infrastructure is in place in which all members of staff and pupils feel they can register their opinions on serious matters, and have a route via which they can communicate problems to senior members of staff
- Ensuring the good financial management of the school
- Ensuring the school is up-to-date with innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies
- Reporting on the school?s performance to a range of audiences, including directors, parents, the Local Education Authority, the local community, and others
- Managing accommodation (e.g. classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements
- Assuming responsibility for other legal matters in the day-to-day running of the school
- Assuming responsibility for pastoral care of pupils where necessary
- Resolving major disciplinary issues with pupils, including working in partnership with the police and social services.
- NCE/B.Ed Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience and two years of heading a school
- Must live within Festac Town, Lagos and its environs
- Montessori training would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Jenndaforteacademy@yahoo.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Closing Date: October 31th, 2020