Big Field Digital – We’re an eclectic mix of young, passionate and talented professionals specialising in digital technology and marketing services. Our end-to-end digital growth and marketing services are focused on achieving business goals in the 21st century.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Experienced WordPress Website Developer
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire an experienced and outstanding WordPress Website Developer to be responsible for the innovative design, layout and development of attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both backend and frontend development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates
- Note: This role is not for Software Developers or Software Engineers. It is for someone whose main area of expertise is website design and development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Designing and building responsive websites
- Creating WordPress themes for a bespoke website
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Customising premium WordPress themes for corporate websites
- Designing and managing the website backend including database and server integration for WordPress websites
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
- Training Junior website developers
What We Are Looking For
Our preferred candidates must meet our stated requirements and we can’t wait to have you sweep us off our feet.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer, creating and manipulating premium themes
- Excellent understanding of WordPress security and speed optimisation
- Experience with Web hosting CPanel
- Experienced and comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome inspector and Firebug, etc.
- Good understanding of PHP backend language
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git a bonus
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
What We’ll Offer You
- Work on a wide variety of exciting website projects
- Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative office environment
- Work side-by-side with experienced team members in cross-functional teams
- Attend client meetings and events
- Great Compensation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
- In 1 – 2 sentences, tell us why you want to work at Big Field Digital.
- Tell us about yourself in not more than two compelling sentences.
- Please attach a properly written and updated CV as well as a Cover Letter.
- All documents should be sent to the email above; don’t forget to include your social media handles and contact information.
Closing Date: 7th April, 2021