Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes Socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FH1360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is DFID-funded through UNICEF on early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FHI 360 in collaboration with the Niger, Kebbi & Katsina State governments. RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It will assist approximately 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Locations: Niger, Kebbi & Kastina
Slot: 3 Openings
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- The Field Coordinator is responsible for the state educational program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the reading interventions implemented by AHNi and its partners in the assigned States.
- H/She is also responsible for overseeing strategic and day-to-day implementation of activities in the State. The FC will provide supervision and guidance to the state team and support services personnel.
- H/She will work closely with the Technical Advisor to ensure implementation is closely aligned with the overall project objectives.
- H/She is accountable for judicious use of all resources entrusted with AHNi and its partners in the assigned State
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Advanced degree in Education or its recognized equivalent with 6 – 9 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments Is required.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in education reform with a focus on primary education sector work in teacher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and schools’ settings.
- Proven expertise in mother tongue (L1), early grade reading instruction and/or assessment and reading material development, preferably in Hausa Language.
- Significant experience in teacher training and support for development,production and distribution of instructional materials, including but not limited to: effective teacher training modules, assessment and/or supplementary materials.
- Has ability to coordinate teacher training interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
Closing Date: 1st May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume (CV) and Cover Letter as a single document to: AHNI-Progmgtjobs@ahnigeria.org
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.