Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance and Administration Coordinator
Ref Id: req7857
Job Location: Kaduna
Project Overview and Role
- The UK Department of International Development (DFID) appointed Palladium as the Supplier to deliver the UK Support for Health in Nigeria – Lafiya contract. Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach. The programme will run for an initial term of up to 7 years from February 2020 to finish by January 2027 (subject to availability of funding and other approvals by the Client).
- The objective of the Lafiya contract is to improve health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable in Nigeria through the following interlinked outcomes (1) increased resources invested in health, and prioritisation of health by Government of Nigeria (through civil society advocacy on human capital, community accountability for health; and use of data to inform government prioritisation of health); (2) improving effectiveness and efficiency of public and private basic health services (through health system strengthening, and working with the private sector to improve delivery of affordable health services for the poorest populations); and (3) reducing total fertility rate (through addressing social norms, demographic impact analysis, and support to family planning demand creation and delivery of services).
- These outcomes will be achieved through a “joined-up, One-Team” delivery of the following outputs:
- Output 1 “Advocacy & Accountability”: Increased demand for affordable basic health services through community accountability, and increased prioritisation of human capital (health, education, nutrition, WASH) through civil society advocacy
- Output 2 “Data for delivery / health prioritisation”: Improved awareness and prioritisation by senior leadership in Government of Nigeria, using data in line with a “delivery-type” approach
- Output 3 “Technical Assistance to maximise Government of Nigeria resources and efficiency”: Improved efficiency of existing resources for delivery of health services
- Output 4 “Private sector”: Improved effectiveness of private sector in delivering affordable basic health services
- Output 5 “Demographics and Family Planning”: Supporting family planning services through demand creation and addressing social norms/behaviour change including analysis and communication of the wider impact of demographics.
- Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The position supports the achievement of the Lafiya Programme’s KPI 6 at the state level by ensuring consistent attainment of the DFID-required quarterly financial forecasting timelines. It provides critical input into annual strategic and operational workplans/budgets development by leading the state level Annual Operational Planning and related budgets development processes.
- The Finance and Administration Coordinator (FACO) functions as the state focal person for Value for Money (VfM). His/her responsibilities include state office level inculcation and dissemination of Value for Money (VfM) principles and practices whilst ensuring compliance with DFID’s VfM reporting requirements at all stages of the project.
- The Finance and Administration Coordinator (FACO) is responsible for the administrative and financial components of the project at the state level, including any related reporting requirements. They will work in conjunction with HQ-based management, operations and finance staff to ensure that donor and organisational requirements, policies and procedures are met. The FACO will provide operational support to the project such as maintaining accurate bookkeeping tasks and management of cashbook under the supervision of the State Team Leader and the National Finance Manager. Supervises the Admin Assistant, the Project Drivers, Cleaners and Security guards.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator shall be responsible for:
- Ensure that all relevant documents are uploaded on SharePoint as required
- Prepare monthly office running cost analysis.
- Provide guidance and direction to Admin Assistant and Office Assistant and drivers including setting performance standards and monitoring their performance.
- Liaise with head office on needs, issues and activities upon which they are treated as they emanate.
- Prepare monthly management report for vehicle/Generator fuel consumption, assets verification/management, Contract Status for vendors and procurement compliance reports
- Prepare monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Communicate pressing issues to supervisor for technical assistance and further directives.
- Collate and review Partners Timesheet for STL’s approval and onward submission HR Manager
- Review Staff Leave Request for STL’s approval and onward submission to HR Manager
- Maintain the project vehicles at the state level and ensuring that logbook is maintained for all movement.
- Ensure optimum inventory quantities, by coordinating regular inventory checks, avoiding stockouts and timely ordering of supplies.
- Maintain an up-to-date register of preferred vendors and conduct periodic performance evaluation of same Maintain up-to-date procurement plan and provide monthly management report of procurement efficiency.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc.
- Follow-up with contractors to ensure proper service and maintenance of generators, photocopier, AC’s, etc is carried out in timely fashion.
- Liaise with Security & Guards contractors to ensure an external supervisory visit on security guards is conducted periodically. Provide and ensure logistics guidance for delivery of items to project sites and facilities as the case may be.
- Ensure tagging and branding of Lafiya assets is conducted.
- Supervise procurement, clarifying specifications, analysing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to procedures, approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Follow-up on contractors to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodations during their stay.
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Maintain rigorous operations ensuring that systems are in place for the proper receipt, rotation and control of programme’s materials
Finance And Accounting Support:
- Contribute to the overall objective of Lafiya Programme by providing quality support service to the technical team.
- Ensure Lafiya Programme policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
- Maintain a filing system of the payment documents in a professional manner at the state level.
- Preparation of monthly forecasts and expenditure variance reporting
- Ensure funds transfer request is done and submitted to HQ in a timely manner for smooth operations of the programme and monitor invoices and cash payment requests vouchers to ensure timely processing.
- Review of all invoices/payment requests and initiate timely action in line with Project procedures/processes towards processing such payments Process all cash and bank payment as per the approved payment vouchers.
- Upload authorised payments to the electronic banking platform, prepare cheques and bank letters / pay schedules for approval and make the payment.
- Review the weekly bank and petty cash transaction summaries and submit the same to the National Finance Manager.
- Liaise with staff on document completion and proper coding based on the standard chart of accounts/WBS.
- Manage all staff travel/activity advances, ensuring they are timeously liquidated, reconciled and reported in line with Lafiya Programme procedures.
- Scan the payment supporting documents and post the same on Lafiya Share Point platform on a regular basis.
- The role will report directly to the Finance Manager (with dotted reporting to State Team Leader) on all matters; related reporting requirements include:
- Preparation of monthly Ops/KPI management reports of the following:
- Supply Chain Efficiency
- Purchasing Efficiency
- Procurement Efficiency and documentation
- Assets Management and Verification
- Fraud detection and reporting
- Weekly Finance Field Vouchers.
- Monthly Assets Condition Report
- Monthly Vehicle and Generator Analysis Report
- The role liaises with the National Finance Manager, State Technical Teams, the broader Lafiya Administration team, vendors, service providers, and other project staff and stakeholders as required.
- University Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Project Management or Social Sciences. (Possession of Professional Accounting qualification will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in providing administrative, operational and logistical support
- Minimum three years’ experience with an NGO and/or donor-funded programme managing operations and administration of projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must have strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organise and coordinate activities and inputs from several sources and partners, and manage the simultaneous delivery of multiple activities as well as across results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations
- Experience working with DFID funded programmes is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
Closing Date: 18th April, 2020
Method of Application