Incumbent will assist the Associate Director, Finance and Subcontracts to manage the financial aspects of programs including finance operations, documentation, records keeping and reporting. Manage financial operations in the central office, monitor field expenses per individual grant and ensure compliance with U.S.G rules and regulation and/or other grants financial Management policies, review and ensure implementation of appropriate system with up-to-date data from central and state offices for consolidation of information and reporting.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent. Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACA. ACCA or other recognized equivalent
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience and 5 years professional qualification experience in financial operations and accounting, preferably with at least three years of NGO experience in a similar position in any CDC/USAID funded projects
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulation including HSS grant policy, 45 CFR 74, A122 other donor regulations
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities and Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments
- Proficient in the use of Accounting software, preferably Tally 9 ERP
- All positions require proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointment for these positions will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specified emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed against each position/job location) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and LOCATION applied for and the applicant’s full name e.g. Admin Associate Kaduna Kelvin Mohammed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015