The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a global humanitarian and advocacy organisation that finds, removes and destroys landmines, cluster munitions and unexploded bombs from places affected by conflict
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Employment type: Full time
Overview of Role
- The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with all financial matters related to the MAG Nigeria programme
- Assist the Finance Manager with accounting, budgeting and all other financial/accounting activities as directed
- Review and process payment requests, ensuring accuracy and adherence to policy
- Ensure all regular payments are made
- Maintain cash balance in the office safe, including conducting daily cash count, reporting any discrepancies to the Finance Manager immediately
- Update the cashbook on a daily basis with transactions and advances issued.
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare monthly financial reports or others as required.
- Prepare bank reconciliation for all MAG accounts.
- Assist in the monitoring of budgets and project spends.
- Ensure accurate and complete accounting and that relevant records are maintained
- Assist Finance Manager in complying with MAG HQ Finance policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Collect timesheets and in coordination with the HR Officer, input any salary changes such as sick leave, unpaid leave etc
- Ensure accuracy of the data entered into payroll records to ensure all national staff salaries are paid correctly.
- Conduct all data processing, including data entry, producing payslips, reports etc.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring MAG complies with all statutory payments’ requirements and deductions
- Further education in accounting/book keeping
- Previous professional experience working in a financial role, ideally for an NGO
- Experience processing payroll and management of cash flow
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of databases, MS Access, Excel, Word etc
- Good written and spoken English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications (in English) with your CV and Cover Letter in the same document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “MAG – FINANCE OFFICER – YOUR NAME” as the Title and also the subject of your email.
- This Application is only for Nationals.
- Applications which do not adhere to these instructions will not be reviewed.
- Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date:1st May, 2021