NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited seeks to engage personnel for immediate employment in the following positions:
Finance Officer Job in NLNG
REF: NSML/2015/00 1
Location: NSML Head Office, Port Harcourt
The appointee will be required to:
- Process NSML monthly payroll and ensure that staff and seafarers’ salaries and allowances are paid in a timely manner.
- Provide timely financial services to NSML management and participate as required in initiatives to drive improvement in the company.
The duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process, in liaison with NLNG’s Treasury Department, NSML monthly payroll for shipboard and office based staff including payroll reconciliation and attending to post-payroll queries.
- Maintain an up-to..dote ‘Employee Records and Statistics’ for NSML fleet manpower and produce employee reports as well as maintain records for shore-based personnel, including shipboard officers on shore assignments.
- Manage the NSML financial databases and ensure the financial integrity of the ledger. Manage the interface between the company’s enterprise management systems (Shipmate and SAP Systems) and ensure accuracy of financial data in both systems.
- Perform cost control and allocation functions for NSML.
- Review the basis and computation of claims and proper coding of transactions, this includes the registration of invoices for NSML and other claims in line with processes and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with NLNG Tax Department on all matters relating to NSML tax.
- Follow up on PAVE tax and company tax clearance certificates and ensure the timely filing of statutory remittances in line with stated timelines. Also ensure the filing of annual tax returns as and when due.
- Coordinate the external auditors’ interim and annual statutory audits of NSML and ensure a smooth audit process. Produce all the schedules as may be required by the auditors, investigate and respond to all audit queries. Resolution of external audit issues and other enquiries (pre and post-audit).
- Manage the NSML monthly and quarterly account closure activities:
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all NSML monthly financial transactions.
- Ensure that services received but unpaid for in any month are accrued for in accordance with relevant accounting concepts and conventions.
III. Carry out quarterly infer-company reconciliation with parent company and subsidiaries and ensure the accuracy of all balance sheet balances.
- Ensure proper and orderly filing/ storage and retrieval of accounting records. Act as record focal point for NSML document management.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a university degree obtained at a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2.1) and a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA ACCA, CPA or equivalent).
- Possess a minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience, out of which at least 3 years, should have been spent in a finance function, preferably in the shipping or oil and gas industry.
- Good commercial skills, customer focus and mindset.
- Good communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, with a good track record of delivery.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as a business and contract language.
- Finance exposure in a shipping company will be on added advantage.
- Not be more than 30 years as at 31st December 2015.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae ONLY as on attachment to: email@example.com stating the Position REF as e-mail subject.
The curriculum vitae MUST be formatted in the order listed below:
- Full Name (Surname First)
- Date Of Birth
- State Of Origin
- Marital Status
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Higher Institution(S) Attended With Dates
- Course Of Study
- Class Of Degree
- Previous Work Experience
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
Closing Date: 17/02/2015