Location: NSML Head Office-Port Harcourt
- Manage the purchasing process and guarantee the economic congruity of the materials and the services supplied within the NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) managed vessels.
- Ensure competitive and favourable procurement contracts with all suppliers and the negotiation and execution of long-term procurement contracts for key consumables and oversight of the daily purchasing operations.
The duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish, maintain and review procurement performance management system and procurement balanced scorecard.
- Define contract performance evaluation criteria and monitor contract performance. Implement supplier relationship management plans and monitor progress/improvement
- Process vessel requisition and select vendor. Also, process quotes and sealed vendor as well as create and issue purchase orders. Confirm delivery time/location (items and conditions with supplier /logistics provider/warehouse/agent/vessel, and confirm delivery onboard.
- Define a clear strategy for supply groups to be brought under contract. Qualify supply sources and delivery locations. Establish /renew frame agreements.
- Define policies and operating principle for competitive sourcing, policies and operation principle for delivery management and logistic services sources during contract life cycle.
- Qualify competitive supply source and integrate sourcing data in business system. Facilitate efficient quote comparison and benchmarking.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree obtained at a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2.1) with a minimum of 5 years’ post-graduation experience, out of which at least 3 years should have been spent in Contracts and Procurements (C&P), preferably in the oil and gas or shipping industry.
- Possess a minimum of Class II Certificate of Competency (foreign going) in Marine Navigation or Engineering.
- Membership of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) UK or Nigeria, or Institute of Supply Management (ISM) US or its equivalent at a diploma or certified level is an advantage.
- Experience in shipping procurement and understanding of vessel management procurement systems would be an added advantage.
- Good commercial skills, customer focus and mindset.
- Good communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, with a good track record of delivery.
- Have an understanding of Health, Safely and Environment (HSE) issues and commitment to HSE excellence.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as a business and contract language.
- Not be more than 35 years as at 31st December 2015.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae ONLY as on attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Position REF as e-mail subject.
The curriculum vitae MUST be formatted in the order listed below:
- Full Name (Surname First)
- Date Of Birth
- State Of Origin
- Marital Status
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Higher Institution(S) Attended With Dates
- Course Of Study
- Class Of Degree
- Previous Work Experience
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
Closing Date: 17/02/2015