Digital Information Security Solutions LLC (aka Digiss LLC) is a multinational firm that meets cyber security needs by creating a path to a fulfilling career and providing simple solutions to complex cyber security problems. Also, through continuous cyber threat landscape research, we gain insight into the tactics, techniques and procedures of cyber fraudsters and criminals with a view to thwarting them. We are an approved cybersecurity education and training provider for the United States National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS) with training programs that have reached over 7,000 students in more than 130 countries. Through our training and mentorship program, we aim to change the Nigerian narrative from the source of cyber badness to the source of cyber talents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Freelance Cyber Security Journalist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We’re looking for a self-motivated and passionate cyber security enthusiast with impeccable penchant for sharing his/her views on evolution in the cyber security threat, technology and regulatory landscapes. This individual, preferably, should be a cyber security professional with ability to produce insightful write ups, but applications from journalists who specialize in analyzing and reporting shifts in the cyber security space will also be considered.
- We want applicants with proven track record of producing high-quality write ups that can speak to a wide audience.
- This is a freelance role where each successful applicant will be required to produce at least one write up for publication per month. Our cyber threat intelligence analysts do the hard work of gathering breaking cyber security news from social media platforms, closed instant messaging groups, surface, deep and dark web channels therefore you would not need to worry about finding what to base your write ups on. In addition to earning extra income, successful candidates will have the opportunity to air their views on the state of cyber security affairs from an informed position.
- Strive for exclusive and unique coverage whilst writing in-depth articles and reviews
- Utilize feedback to improve the quality of articles
- Conduct in-depth analysis and produce insightful write ups
- Monitor and report on validated threat activities
- Work closely with cyber threat intelligence analysts to ensure intelligence requirements and collection plans are accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide information and assessments for the purposes of informing the general public
- Communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means
- Evaluate information for reliability, validity, and relevance
- Function in a collaborative environment, seeking continuous consultation with other analysts and experts to leverage analytical and technical expertise
- Utilize multiple intelligence sources across all intelligence disciplines
- Tailor analysis to target (mostly Nigerian) audience
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Art or a related field is required
- Minimum of 4 years in the field of cyber security is preferred
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language
Closing Date: 20th June, 2020
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses
- Knowledge of cyber-attack methods and techniques
- Knowledge of cyber attackers (e.g., script kiddies, insider threat, non-nation state sponsored, and nation sponsored)
- Must have a track record of producing insightful and high-quality writeups that can be understood by technical and non-technical audience
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities