Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) with its head office in Abuja, HIFASS has a mission of enhancing population health in Africa by collaborating with partners to promote public health. HIFASS does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, religion or state of origin. HIFASS, People to People Health Foundation Nigeria (PFHFN), Calabar Arch-Diocesan Action Committee on AIDS (CAACA) and Catholic Diocese of Abakalki. Succor and Development Services Initiative (SUCCDEV) are interested in hiring qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions for her project, Local OYC Partners in Nigeria Region 3 (LOPIN 3) in Cross River and Ebonyi States
Job Title: Gender and HIV Specialist Grants Officer
Available Position: 1
Position Type: Full Time
Report To: Chief of Party (COP)
The Advisor serves as technical resource on gender and sexual diversity for HIV/AIDS activities including but not limited to policy development and advisory services, research and content development, practice advocacy management and coordination.
Program Development and Advisory Service
- Provide direct advisory and technical support to program in areas of HIV and gender and sexual diversity
- Provide advice and technical support in development of programmatic focus to address stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV
- Provide technical support to ensure the involvement of people living with and affected by HIV in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program.
Research and Content Development
- Lead program content development of normative standards and approaches on HIV gender and sexual diversity
- Research and understand concepts to foster improved adherence to human rights treaties and obligations under international agreements.
- Contribute experience and expertise to the formulation of new programmatic activities documenting practice and cross-practice experience and lesson learned in the country.
- Promote regional and local partnering and exchange, through HIV information and learning networks,
support networking among partners, including the identification of external support providers
Management and Coordination
- Contribute to learn strategy development, work planning and M&E plan from gender and sexual diversity perspective
- Promote knowledge management to enrich the content base for AIDS response strategies by documenting practice experience, lesson learned and replicable tools from applied initiatives.
- An advanced university degree in a development area-Social Science, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Health or Epidemiology
Desired skills and Experiences
- Minimum of 10 years of overall relevant professional experience as well as proven professional record in the practice area
- Proven professional credibility, as well as senior-level working experience in governmental, multilateral or civil society organization, in both developed and developing countries is highly desirable
- Experience in leading/managing knowledge product development and dissemination
Method of Application
Application should he sent on or before March 16, 2015. A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) should he sent in to: email@example.com
Please indicate the title of the post applied for as the subject of the email.
NB: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates.
Closing Date: 16/03/2015