PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a leading service provider in the hospitality industry strategically located in the heart of Abuja city.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: General Manager
Reference Number: 130-PEO01037
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
Strategy Formulation and Implementation:
- Defines and executes the overall business strategies in order to transform the hotel under the leadership of the Board
- Establishes the strategic direction and communicates this effectively to the Board and the executive management team for implementation
- Ensures implementation of the comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement of set goals by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Provides strategic leadership in defining the brand, ethics and values
Business Development and Marketing:
- Leads the business development activities for acquiring more corporate and retail customers
- Designs marketing strategies and programs for identifying business opportunities and building a sustainable customer pipeline
- Reports the financial and administrative status of the company to the Board at all times
- Proposes yearly budgets for Board approval and ensures the prudent management of resources within agreed guidelines
- Develops improvement actions and costs savings initiatives to maximize revenue through innovative procurement and administration practices
Guest Experience and Satisfaction:
- Develops strategies and programs for delivering an exceptional customer experience at the hotel
- Designs a proactive complaints management system that makes it easy for customers to complain and ensures they get speedy resolution
- Empowers frontline staff through training, tools and policies to resolve customer service needs, and complaints
- Analyses customer feedback from hotel guestbook and online reviews and develop ways to improve ratings and guest perception
Leadership and People Management:
- Ensures that competent people are in critical roles and establishes a process for continuous people development
- Develops and implements developmental plans, performance management, rewards/recognition and employee engagement strategies to align employees with the corporate objectives and goals
- Develops and implements professional systems for recruitment; HR, Admin & procurement policies & procedures; support staff management, etc.
- Oversees the day to day operations and ensures full compliance to operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards
- Leads all key property issues including capital projects, refurbishment and renewal.
- Ensures all regulatory and statutory requirements (Legal, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations etc.) are adhered to
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Hotel Management or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- An MBA or Master’s degree in any business related discipline will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in the hospitality industry with at least five (5) years’ experience in a senior management role
- Significant luxury and international experience will be an added advantage
- Tested leadership experience in corporate turnaround and growth contexts will be an added advantage
Closing Date: 13th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online