MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: GM, IT Design & Delivery
- To oversee the development of the IT architecture and planning at all levels, and development of new products and services based on business roadmap.
- To oversee solution delivery activities, quality assurance and management of the delivery partners.
- To provide planning and strategy support to the CIO and ensure the company’s IT architecture sustains current and future business requirements.
- Drive an increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that IS Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Plan and execute medium to long term projects to enhance revenue assurance operations and identify new revenue opportunities, ensuring compliance with corporate governance procedures and policies
- Develop budget for the division’s operations and services, in accordance with laid down rules and procedures.
- Provide support initiatives that will ensure cost savings and reduction to drive EBITDA growth for the organization. (OPEX/COS savings).
- Actively monitor the approved project budget, ensuring it is used in accordance with MTN expenditure regulations.
- Champion/Sponsor the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Review MTNN corporate direction and develop Information Services strategy ensuring alignment with MTN corporate strategic objectives and develop plans to support business initiatives and enhance IS support capacity.
- Provide support for Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Assess resource requirements for the department and develop budget for the Enterprise Services function and regularly monitor resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Monitor changes in regulations and technology that may affect revenue assurance functions in MTNN and ensure revenue leakage is minimised.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Facilitate and guide the processes for identification and justification of the information technology requirements of the various business sectors and co-ordinate the initiation of project proposals for meeting the requirements.
- Ensure the strategic policy development processes are in accordance with norms and standards of MTN Group.
- Ensure that corporate governance is implemented and adhered to within the IS division.
- Direct the development of optimal and integrated IS plans for MTNN, consolidating various IT business plans and ensuring plans have clear indications of expected value contributions and in line with corporate vision and mission.
- Develop framework, policies, standards, methodologies and procedures to guide IS operations and to enable the division to provide high quality services to customers and attain set goals and objectives of MTNN.
- Lead the development comprehensive IT and data architecture that will balance the business, financial and technical demands both now and into the future and serves as a map.
- Facilitate the coordination of the various aspects related to Information Systems Planning, such as the plan quality, the stakeholder’s requirements, plan outcome, etc.
- Regularly monitor, review and report progress against the integrated IS plan and conduct business risk analysis, review technical audits and project post-implementation reviews.
- Review risk for IS systems, develop IS Risk Management Strategy and ensure the deployment of risk mitigating action plans and business continuity of MTNN operations.
- Create an ‘IS blueprint’ that addresses business needs and takes into consideration the Data Architecture, Systems Architecture and Computer Architecture of the organization and ensure that the business has a reliable 5 year IT roadmap covering potential industry developments as well as ISD initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of enterprise framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Provide leadership and direction in the operations, leading team to deliver on respective business targets and improve overall performance of the department.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of Enterprise Services staff, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Coach and mentor the IS team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Deliver business value through partnership with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical high value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- 12 years working experience including;
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more in strategy formulation, technology forecasting, enterprise architecture, network economics, project management, operations management, strategic planning and quality control management.
- Experience in relevant industry/sector
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Information Architecture
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, Practitioner in Availability and Capacity Management will be an added advantage
- Performance Testing execution and overall methodologies
- TOGAF, COBIT, Agile
- Self training on Digital and mobility frameworks
- Information Systems Security Certification
- BSc, BEng or HND
Closing Date: 20th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online