Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: M & E Intern
Job Location: Katsina
Reports: M&E Officer
- The key expectations of the M&E Intern’s position is to support the M&E Officer in ensuring that HKI’s M&E system within the state is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building, M&E systems strengthening to Helen Keller supported activities.
- Supporting the M&E Officer on data entry and management.
- Support the Validation of data in all reporting templates
- The M&E intern will support the unit in ensuring high data quality to meet our funder’s data demands and other national and international expectations.
- Support in conducting supportive supervision and other field processes that enhances project implementation and data collection
- Support in Ensuring that every means of verification as evidence of implementation are collected.
- Support all documentation for the project.
- Support Project in exploring the opportunities to improve data collection process using IT tools
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisors
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to learn complex program procedures.
- Good attitude and team attributes.
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong office, data analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations and ability to learn new software packages.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE Ms Word document to: email@example.com using the position title as the subject of the email.
- You will receive an auto response confirming your application
- Applications will not be accepted after 5pm on deadline day.
Closing Date: 16th December, 2020