Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it’s partners, Save the Children International (SCI). Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM). Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP). The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 20 14 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria. Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the under listed positions:
Grants and Compliance Manager Job in Jhpiego
I position (Abuja)
The Grants and Compliance Manager (GCM) will serve as the principal manager of sub-grants to partner
organizations under the USAID funded Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP) in Nigeria. The Grants Manager oversees the implementation of a grant-making strategy mid the designation of sub-grams to organizations providing services and support to MCSP. Manages the financial administration of sub-grants including approval of financial records and invoices. The GCM will ensure monitoring, compliance and reporting of sub-grants. Oversees the financial capacity-building of all sub-grantees, and provides practical operational guidance to build the management capacity of the local organizations to meet contractual requirements and minimum reporting standards. Supervises Grants Officer(s) finance assistance hired for the program. Ensures timely and cost-effective project implementation, reporting of activity results and meeting of project deliverables.
Working with all stakeholders, the Grants and Compliance Manager will identify risks that hinder the
achievement of MCSP’s objectives and assess the adequacy and recommends appropriate internal control systems to red lice associated risks. With the support and oversight of the Country Director, the Grants and Compliance Manager will provide guidance, training and compliance oversight in the areas of procurement, sub recipient monitoring, and financial management, S/he will work closely with senior management, finance, administration and human resources staff to ensure compliance with MCSP and donor regulations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Accountancy or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree equivalent with 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- ACCA or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage;
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in grants design, accounting and/or sub-grant management on large donor-funded international projects;
- Demonstrated expertise with USG cost principles, reporting requirements, financial regulations and management systems;
- Advanced skills in Excel and QuickBooks: Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office: Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills. Ability to travel nationally and internationally for lip to 30% of time
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than two weeks from the date of this advert. The title of your email and application should be the position and preferred location of what you have applied for. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an oral interview, Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Closing Date: 07/04/2015