Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global
development firm that specializes in education, economic growth,
democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C.,
Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong
client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International
Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding
in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and
is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
Ref Id: GRANT01729
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Grants Assistant will support the Grant Officer’s and Lead Grants Manager with the oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
- The Grants Assistant will report to the Lead Grants Manager.
Reporting & Supervision: Primary Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing sub-grantees’ liquidation and financial reports and provide summaries to the project’s Grants Manager on a monthly basis;
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the project’s Grants Manual;
- Assist in monitoring grantees to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Grants Manual and the content of sub-agreement;
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring they stay up-to-date;
- Support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining Creative’s online System for the Management of Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART) for sub-grantees;
- Provide mentoring support to strengthen and improve sub-grantees’ management capacity for improved performance; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is preferred;
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and two (2) years of general experience;
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to analyse data and suggest areas of improvement;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred; and
- Must be legally authorized to work in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Local Nationals Strongly Preferred.