Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) with its head office in Abuja, HIFASS has a mission of enhancing population health in Africa by collaborating with partners to promote public health.
Job Title: Grants Officer
Available Position: 1
Position Type: Full Time
Report To: Finance & Admin Director
Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration this position provides fiscal and administrative management services for award. The manager’s responsibilities encompass abroad range of activities:
- Responsible for the proper set up of awards in the financial system
- Coordinating the reporting process and preparing financial reports to donors, primarily at the close out of the award.
- The major responsible of this position is to supervise, maintain and actively manage the necessary post-award sub-grant systems in accordance with the relevant positions in the sub-award documents.
- Provide programmatic and regulatory management of grants including documentation of protection assurance, tracking due dates for activities, issuing grant agreements and tracking interim, annual and final grantee reports
- Evaluate and produce written responses to donor and HQ inquiries
- Review grant proposals for completeness
- Build and maintain relationships with the local partners and finance staff of the CBOs, FBOs and other local NGOs in the Consortium.
- Carry out inductions and staff trainings for finance procedures, donor requirements etc.
- Develop sub grant tools and build the capacity of sub-grantees finance officers on the usage.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. All advanced degree in business and/or professional certification (CPA; CMA) is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, database, word-processing and internet applications
- Ability to interpret and apply various policies and procedures independently
- Demonstrate administrative experience including the ability to coordinate, monitor and financially manage sponsor activities.
- Experience with sponsor grant and contract financial management in Global Health sector in particular USAID and other USG entities
- Prior experience in a dynamic start-up environment
- Ability to interpret business policies procedures and explain the best practice to use to a diverse audience.
Method of Application
Application should he sent on or before March 16, 2015. A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) should he sent in to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the title of the post applied for as the subject of the email.
NB: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates.
Closing Date: 16/03/2015