Incumbent will develop and review program/project proposals to ensure technical compliance and consistency with· organizational program principles and donor funding criteria. Develop grant narratives working in close coordination with the Programs units. Provide guidance for problem solving in relation to a wide variety of implementation, programmatic and regulatory difficulties that may arise in large programs. Ensure full compliance with legal and documentation requirements for all procurement activities in accordance with the requirements of CDC/USG and other donors. Coordinate institutional
responses to project bids and ensure narrative addresses all elements of Request for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Applications (RFAs). Ensure ongoing monitoring of grant program goals and monthly performance reports as required. Act as the primary contact for all contracts, grants, and agreements.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Social Sciences or Management (Master’s degree desired)
- At least 5 years’ of progressive management and supervisory experience managing donor-funded projects, grants and/or cooperative agreements
- Proven track record in grant writing including but not limited to international donor grants, capacity building proposals and funding requests to private and public foundations
- Demonstrated experience and success managing technical and administrative teams in the implementation of development and health programs in developing country settings
- Candidate must have working knowledge of USG/CDC funding agency procedures and compliance requirements and regulations of sponsored research; contracting and subcontracting practices; legal distinctions between gifts, grants, knowledge of federal agency practices, regulations and policies;
conflicts of interest and intellectual property
- Sound working knowledge of funding source (e.g. USG, DfID, World Bank, Global Fund) rules and regulations
- All positions require proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointment for these positions will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specified emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed against each position/job location) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and LOCATION applied for and the applicant’s full name e.g. Admin Associate Kaduna Kelvin Mohammed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015