A Government Regulatory establishment with head office in Abuja and branches, in other states of the federation, seeks an experienced professional to provide strategic leadership and direction for the ICT Department.
Position Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The primary focus of the role is to lead other ICT professionals and oversee the development,
implementation and support of technology to take the organisation to the next stage of growth and
development. The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer and supervise all the Heads of Units
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for ICT Department to ensure that all needed ICT tools,
process and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to
the achievement of short, medium and long term goals of the organisation.
- Manage and provide oversight function for the implementation of all ICT systems, security
strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimises the risk of data loss.
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services,
including procurement/distribution and asset management.
- Develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with the
organisation’s growth plans, and changing business requirement or technological advancements.
- Oversee ICT special projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for
- Lead, direct and supervise a team of professionals and subordinates to ensure they fulfill their duties
in the ICT functions.
- Design, implement, configure and support large and heavy database.
Education and Experience
- Masters’ Degree or Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ICT, Electronics
& Telecommunications Software Engineering.
- Membership of relevant professional association (CCIA Computer and Communication Industry
Association, NCS Nigeria Computer Society), PMP/Prince2 Certification, Certification in
CISCO, Network Administration, My SQL will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years professional qualification and working experience in ICT environment with
a working knowledge in Project Management Strategic Planning.
- Candidate must be at least 30 years and not above 50 years of age.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in strategic thinking, analytical and technical mindset.
- Proficiency in Project Management, Leadership and learn Building.
- Certification in Cisco, Network Administration, MySQL
- Proficient in state of the art application/database layer intrusion.
- Proficient in multiple security disciplines including Network Security, Intrusion
Detection/Prevention, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Enterprise Anti-virus.
- Good Analytical and presentation skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams.
Good command of oral English language skills and writing ability.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work with others under pressure and
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, please forward your cover letter and resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the application on www.pwc.com/ng/executive-search, quoting the reference code at the top right-hand corner. In addition, the subject of your email should be the reference code and job title. Hard copy applications should only be sent to Pricewaterhousecoopers, 2nd Floor Muktar El-Yakub’s Place, Plot 1129 Zakariya Maimalari Street, CBD, Abuja, Nigeria.
Application closes two weeks after the date of publication, Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31/03/2015