Head, Internal Control (Furniture manufacturing)
- Implement the Internal Audit Charter of the company in line with the best practice
- Identify key area of risk within the company and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks
- Review accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided in management
- prepare audit report in line with approved audit plan
- Monitor the timely implementation of the management actions recommended in the audit reports
- Provide senior management with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the company
- Assist the development of an internal control culture, including training of staff assisted by HR
- Monitor the trends and developments in the internal audit area
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by senior management
- Participate in audit meetings
- Liaise with the external auditor or internal control issues
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with best practice
- Ensure compliance with existing company financial policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modification
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices
- Determination of profitability on project via costing
- Mandated costing needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, researching and drafting skills.
- Ability to function without anybody’s supervision and should be able to deal appropriately with confidential information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software
- Highly organised with attention to details.
- Strong understanding of court and administrative proceedings and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of lawsuit summaries, litigation files, and proper maintenance of all legal records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in audit/accounting/management courses
- Masters degree in audit/accounting/ management courses will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience
- At least 2 years experience in a factory/manufacturing work environment
Closing Date: 1st of February 2021
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CV to email@example.com using the Job Title as the Subject of the mail.