JOB PROFILE FOR HEAD OF ACCOUNTS
Job Title: Head of Account Supervises: Department: Finance & Account Directly Reports to: Managing Director
Financial Control & Accounting
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and all relevant regulatory requirements
• Work with Information Technology (IT) to optimize existing finance & IT system and subsequently implement a specialized finance IT systems, should the need arise, that meet the needs of the organization
• Participate in corporate policy development and ensure maintenance of appropriate internal control safeguards and financial procedures
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to the company’s management and regulatory agencies
• Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
• Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and controls systems.
• Serve as point of escalation for accounts receivables/account payable issues
• Manage preparation and support of all external audits serving as point of contact for external auditors and ensuring timely resolution of all audit issues
• Perform strategic tax planning, and constantly reviewing new tax regulations to support planning within the law and ensure tax compliance.
Fixed Asset & Inventory Management
• Oversee Fixed Asset & Inventory Management & Control
• Perform strategic tax planning, and constantly review new tax regulations to support planning within the law and ensure tax compliance.
• Provide primary and secondary review of tax returns
• Manage external tax consultants and regulatory agencies
• Conduct tax research to support tax compliance and planning
• Develop and manage accounting staff.
• Support delivery of cross departmental projects
Educational Qualification & Experience;
• B.Sc/ACA, MBA
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
• Expertise in accounting, control, and financial reporting.
• Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages – proficiency in Sage Pastel and Excel an added advantage.
• Proven experience in Project Management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat,
• Leadership qualities
• People and team working skills
• Good organizational ability and time-management skills
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Skill in developing financial policies and procedures
• Knowledge and understanding of Nigerian tax laws and the workings of local regulatory agencies is required
• Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
Internal: Managing Director, Heads of Department & Management Staff
External: Auditors & Statutory Bodies
Key Performance Indicators
• Timeliness and accuracy of monthly financial reports
• Reduction in wastage arising from control lapses
• Innovative tax planning with a view to minimizing tax liability
• Proper accounting for inventory and assets.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Closing Date: 9th May, 2021