Global Accelerex Limited is a leading provider of payment and business management solutions incorporated and based in Nigeria. Our business solutions help organizations across economic sectors, to effectively and efficiently manage distribution, marketing, sales, and positioning of their products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Corporate Finance
Unit: Corporate Finance
Reports to: Group Chief Financial Officer
- The Head of Corporate Finance oversees all activities of the Corporate Finance unit, provides financial management and support to the Company to advance overall financial goals and objectives.
- The Head of Corporate Finance works with various executive members of management to develop, interpret and implement financial and modeling concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results.
- The role will be charged with periodical investor reporting materials and management of strategic treasury activities, inclusive of cash flow forecasts, bank partnerships, and capital structure management
Business and Financial Planning:
- Works with Senior Management and business units to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals
- Partners with business leaders to provide input and guidance on business issues and to provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the line(s) of business
- Delivers presentations to executive and senior management teams about financial planning and analysis
- Plans and oversees consolidated budgets and long-term financial plans
- Leads the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Analyzes the impact of external and internal factors on the business and progress towards financial goals
- Develops and leads weekly/monthly/annual/ financial planning processes to establish a department- wide corporate budget
- Establishes accurate forecasting processes that enable the formulation of informed strategies and direction by departmental leadership
Management and Investor Reporting:
- Approves the monthly financial review package to management, including commenting on variances to plan, forecast and prior year
- Provides high-level performance “dashboard” quality reports to the senior or executive team
- Leads group completion of financial review templates and meetings
- Analyzes and reports on key drivers of business and company performance, including monthly and quarterly results and variance analysis
- Analyzes actual results to understand variances, revise projections as appropriate
- Compiles and presents weekly/monthly/quarterly financial results for the business’s executive leaders, stakeholders, and investors
- Leads ad hoc financial analyses to assist management in the evaluation of the profitability of income streams as well as the potential for cost efficiencies
- Analyzes projections for various operating strategies, shareholder value measures, and other metrics or objectives
- Analyzes financial and operational data draw conclusions and presents recommendations on decisions and actions
- Performs sensitivity, scenario and what-if analysis as well as analyzes the financial impact of changes in business and new business opportunities/acquisitions
- Conducts extensive research and industry analysis performance
- Develops models and methods to analyze trends to develop both short and medium-term forecasts
- Leads various investment analyses for existing and new businesses
- Conducts research and identifies opportunities for the business considering the Company’s financial objectives, risk, and investment viability.
- Supervises a team of analysts who are assigned business units, including compiling and analyzing all financial information
- Provides training and opportunity to up-skill the finance/operational teams as assigned
- Plays the role of a mentor to key corporate finance personnel, encouraging their professional growth, and readying them for the succession of his position in the future
- Creates a culture of openness, effective challenge and inquiry among the team and the broader company
- Keeps the finance department abreast of changes in financial legislation regulations and ensures that all financial transaction across the business are in legal compliance.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or Finance
- ACA/ACCA/CFA or other recognised accounting qualification
- Minimum of five (5) years of corporate finance experience within a fast-moving and dynamic business environment
- Experience in specialized functions including valuation, M&A, due diligence, and business risk assessment
- Experience with capital expenditures and capital budgeting, capitalization and financing decisions.
- Hands-on approach to manage the business from a finance perspective
- Demonstrable understanding of advanced business finance and performance analysis
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven project and process management ability
- Strong understanding of structured finance transactions and have had vast financial modeling experience, developing complex financial models
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills acquired covering a broad spectrum of financial structures and financial business plans
- Deep understanding of accounting principles as well as a solid understanding of financial controls and procedures that are necessary for successful prevention, detection, and resolution of errors in the Company’s financial records
- Exceptionally good communication skills both in a written and verbal form necessary to convey instructions and sensitive information down the line as well as in drafting reports, proposals, and recommendations for senior finance leadership
- Technologically adept and possess exceptionally good computer skills, being highly proficient in Ms. Excel, Ms. Office, Ms. Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Highly effective in handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
- A creative and critical and independent thinker with high attention to detail and result
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly professional and ethical with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- A confident yet likable and relatable individual who can form strong and meaningful relationships with others which will inspire trust and confidence in others
- Demonstrated track record as a relationship builder, team player, collaborator, coach, and facilitator
- Exceptionally good problem-solving skills, strong skills in negotiating, and timely problem escalation
- Ability to remain calm and composed during times of uncertainty and stress
- Contributes to high performing teams – Supervision of staff to follow sound internal control practices
- Acts as a team player – Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed
- Ability to influence a cross-functional team and senior business leadership as well as stakeholders in a unified direction and with a common vision
- A proven track record on interacting with Executive Management and Board of Directors
- Committed to self-development.
Closing Date: 18th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.