Responsible for the planning, support and implementation of an efficient logistics management system for the organization. Provide leadership and take responsibility for the tracking, regular monitoring and optimal stocking of pharmaceutical products and all required program materials including program commodities and other consumables across organization’s supported sites. Inventory analysis of the pharmacy stock using appropriate and applicable monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases. Management of data essential to make available an accurate forecast for procurement at regular intervals using Tally 9 ERP inventory management software or other suitable databases. Serve as in-house resource person to provide guidance on logistics issues. He/she will also be responsible for
implementing a comprehensive institutional strategy in Human Resources for Health that addresses the link between Human Resource Management and Leadership to performance in FP/RH, HIV/AIDS, MCH, malaria and TB services. S/he will provide organizational leadership in capacity building, leadership development and health system strengthening, including institutionalizing human resources for health activities by introducing HRH models at state /local governmental and facility levels.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or management field
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in logistics function preferably in an NGO setting
- Experience in supply chain management system is highly desired
- Proficient in the use of inventory software package, preferably Tally 9 ERP
- Skills and experience in training, program management or organizational development role in a similar setting
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of working in resource limited settings
- Experience in organizational needs assessments, situation analysis, program design and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven strategic planner and team leader with strong technical knowledge, conceptual and analytical ability
- Strong attention to details.
- All positions require proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointment for these positions will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specified emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed against each position/job location) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and LOCATION applied for and the applicant’s full name e.g. Admin Associate Kaduna Kelvin Mohammed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015