Brasenwall Professional Services is one of the foremost HR consulting firm that specializes in delivering excellent services for her clients across HR value chains.
We are recruiting for our client, a globally-recognized Engineering and Consulting firm with over 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors’ funded agencies right around the world, including the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, British High Commission and USAID.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Reporting to: HR Manager (UK) / Programme Manager (in-country)
- We need an experienced HR Professional with an international exposures to lead all human resource activities as detailed below roles
- The Human Resource Manager will work with the Programme Managers in Nigeria under the supervision of the HR Manager, based in London UK, the incumbent will lead, own and drive on all human resource activities, aligned with the Nigeria Programme Management Plan as well as the goals and strategic needs of the client in the UK.
Recruitment, Selection and Placement:
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human resources needs of the office and the organisation
- Ensure organisational human resources recruitment targets are met.
- Onboard new employees following best practice guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate guidance to manager through the end of probation period protocols.
Policy Implementation and HR Administration:
- Coordinate and supervise the management and maintenance of staff contracts, personnel files and other employee information
- Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff
- Guide, assist and where required respectfully challenge managers as part of the mid-year and annual appraisal process
- Partner with finance to ensure accurate payroll information is submitted each month
- Provide timely, accurate and commercially astute guidance to managers regarding employment relation issues
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
- Liaise with Immigration consultants on visa procurement, extensions and resident permits (STR) of expatriates
- Liaise with Insurance brokers on Health and Group life policies including additions, deletions and renewals.
Local HR Planning and Management:
- Provide ongoing commercially savvy strategy guidance, interpretation and support to management of the country office in the all area of HR management.
- Provide accurate and sound HR analysis and timely support to the management and planning process in the office as it relates to budget planning, staffing, organisation design, change management and other HR strategy planning and development deliberations.
- Liaise with the London office to support and contribute to the local implementation of the corporate HR strategy
- Provide feedback and make recommendations from a local perspective on the establishment and improvement of systems and internal controls, planning and change management and resolution of HR issues and problems.
- Fully participate in international meetings for the local planning of Human Resources.
Management Excellence in the Office:
- Be a role model by promoting management excellence in the office by ensuring a very high level of professionalism at all times in all areas of HR.
- Effectively manage to a high standard the entire human resources lifecycle in Nigeria
- At all times ensure compliance with statutory obligations.
- Work alongside employment lawyer as and when required.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities / Social Science or related field.
- Postgraduate Degree is a plus
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Or SHRM
- Minimum of 10 years experience practicing Human Resource.
- At least ten years or more of work experience in similar role where the headquarters are UK or US based.
- Practical knowledge of labour laws
- Strong attention to detail with a good knowledge of business administration.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of donor funded projects management,
- A regular amount of travel is expected with this role to the offices located in Kaduna, Jigawa and Kano.
Competence and Behaviours:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Wider networking skills in managing crises
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to relate with people from different multicultural background
- Willingness to drive change and innovation
- Excellent composure with emotional intelligence skills
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office package
- Some travel and out of office hours work may be required.
- Any other duties as may be required for the exigency of the Programme.
- Applicants must have the existing Right-to-Work within Nigeria to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 10th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume with Cover Letter in one document not more than four (4) pages long, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title
- Kindly note that the client is an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.