The Information & Communications Coordinator will prepare communications outputs such as situation reports and key messages for advocacy and for media, lead on information management tasks, help to build profile and gather powerful communications materials as well as rising to the challenge of other tasks such as supporting the completion of donor proposals. In most circumstances, the post-holder will also be expected to mentor and/or capacity build existing country and field programme staff.
- BSc/BA/BEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience of 2-3 years, managing a team, leading communication activities (including information management);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of different audiences
including donors, journalists and the general public
- Experience of effective spokesperson across a range of media;
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to work for limited periods within programmes. Ability to deliver high-quality photographs and case studies from affected communities;
- Experience of delivering training, presentations and other capacity building activities to varied audiences, ideally within a country programme;
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Word
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements on or before 31″ March 2015 explaining why
you are suitable to Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org. State position clearly in the subject field
as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after
the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work. please visit our website on
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our
people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Closing Date: 31/03/2015